What is a Licensee/Industry Steward?
Battery and/or product manufacturers – what we call our Licensees or Industry Stewards – have united to ensure that the materials (batteries and products containing batteries) they are introducing into the marketplace are responsibly recycled when they reach their end of life. These Licensees/Industry Stewards financially support the Call2Recycle program through the licensing and placement of battery seals on their batteries and/or battery-powered products.
What are the Benefits?
- Producer Responsibility: demonstrates your commitment to environmentally-sound recycling of batteries.
- Regulatory Solution: fulfills manufacturers’ recycling requirements in the U.S. and Canada, including compliance with state, provincial and federal regulations, including The Battery Act
- Simplicity: allows manufacturers to manage complexities by supporting one program
What rechargeable batteries do you recycle?
- Nickel Cadmium (Ni-Cd)
- Nickel Metal Hydride (Ni-MH)
- Nickel Zinc (Ni-Zn)
- Lithium Ion (Li-Ion)
- Small Sealed Lead Acid (SSLA/Pb)
How Do I Get Started?
Becoming a Licensee/Industry Steward is easy as 1-2-3!
STEP 1: Enroll
Contact Call2Recycle’s Licensee and Seal Administrator to enroll in the Licensee Program (877.723.1297)
STEP 2: Place the Seals on Your Battery Packs
Place the EPA-approved recycling seals on your battery packs so consumers know they are recyclable
STEP 3: Battery Users Recycle
Retailers, businesses, communities and public agencies collect the used battery packs and ship them to Call2Recycle’s recycling facility