Storing and shipping rechargeable batteries is generally safe if you follow the Flyer - Box Guidelines included in the Call2Recycle® collection kit. Recycling power tool packs? Flyer - 5 Tips for Safely Recycling Power Tool Battery Packs
Accept rechargeable batteries weighing less than 11 lbs / 5 kg each.
Bag individual battery or cover exposed metal portion with electrical or nonconductive tape.
Write accumulation start date on the back of the box. Keep collection box in a dry, cool and monitored area.
Do not overfill the collection box. Cross-tape the box before shipping. (Please be careful not to cover up the shipping label bar code.)
Follow the shipping instructions on the back of the collection box.
Lithium Ion, Non-Call2Recycle Boxes (or older Call2Recycle boxes):
Participants shipping in old Call2Recycle or non-Call2Recycle kits need to follow our Lithium Ion Shipping Instructions. All shipments must travel via ground service only and ship to the following address:
Call2Recycle Site ID Number (if you cannot locate your Site ID, please call 877.723.1297)
One INMETCO Drive
Ellwood City, PA 16117
Shipping Instructions for Bulk:
Participants shipping containers bulk on pallets via standard ground must include a shipping document bill of lading. The shipping document must include:
- Call2Recycle Site ID Number (if you cannot locate your Site ID, please call 877.723.1297)
- “Call2Recycle S/O #107247″
- Shipper name, address, contact person and phone number
- Address of Call2Recycle recycling facility (INMETCO)
- Weight of the shipment and # of containers
- Mark “Universal Waste Batteries” or “Used Rechargeble Batteries and Cellphones for Recycling”
- Small sealed lead acid shipments need “NONSPILLABLE” on the containers and documents
Lithium Ion – if you’re bulk shipment contains any lithium ion batteries, contact our Customer Service Team (877.723.1297) to be sent special instructions prior to shipment.
Please note that shipping documents not properly completed may cause shipment to be refused and returned to shipper at shipper’s expense. Our recycling facilities do not accept “collect” shipments, so please contact our Customer Service Team (877.723.1297) before shipping.