FAQs / What do I do with a cellphone that has overheated?

Place the cellphone in a non-flammable material such as sand or kitty litter as soon as possible. Do not place the phone in the trash or in a regular Call2Recycle collection container as it may cause a safety incident, such as a spark or fire. Visit the manufacturer’s web site to see if the phone has been recalled and follow the manufacturer’s instructions for disposal and replacement. Some recalled products are also listed on the Consumer Product Safety Commission website.

Posted in: Damaged, Defective and Recalled Batteries