2017 Base Price Per 100 grams
> 5% Cobalt and/or Nickel Cell Content
< 5% Cobalt and/or Nickel Cell Content
|Canada (Except Quebec)||$0.011||$0.036||$0.011||$0.022||$0.0038|
“Obligated Enterprises” only – QC Rate Schedule
Rechargeable battery pricing structure:
- Each battery chemistry has its own specific fee.
- Their is no annual cap to fees
- Ni-Cd fees are calculated in the same manner as other rechargeable batteries.
- Li-Ion batteries are split into two categories based on the cobalt and/or nickel content of the battery cell.
- Base fees are calculated according to jurisdiction: U.S., Canada (non-Quebec) and Quebec (only “Obligated Enterprises”).
- U.S.-based stewards can take advantage of a recycling credit, which is based on the amount of batteries a steward recycles through the Call2Recycle program.
Rechargeable Battery Recycling Credit
The recycling credit is offered as a benefit to Call2Recycle’s stewards to help offset costs associated with managing battery take-back. The credit program is tiered to reward the stewards for their commitment to help keep batteries out of landfills.
|Credit Status||Pounds Recycled / Quarter (US only)||% of Credit|
|Bronze||5,000 – 24,999 lbs||5%|
|Silver||25,000 – 49,999 lbs||10%|
|Gold||50,000 – 74,999 lbs||15%|
Terms and conditions apply – please contact us for more information.