Vermonters can now recycle all used household batteries for free! To help raise awareness of this exciting new program and divert used batteries from the waste stream, Call2Recycle® launched a School “Battery Recycling Challenge” to teach students about the importance of battery recycling by encouraging them to collect and recycle used batteries.
What is the “Battery Recycling Challenge?”
It’s a three week contest running from March 7 – March 31 to see which class can collect the most pounds of used batteries per student for recycling!
Who is Eligible?
The “Battery Recycling Challenge” is FREE to participate in and is open to all 5 and/or 6 grade classes in Vermont.
What is the Timeline?
- Eligible schools must register to participate Before National Battery Day (February 18). Registration is now closed.
- Week of February 29: Each participant will receive a battery recycling “Collection Kit” shipped directly to the school from Call2Recycle.
- March 7 – 31: Collect used batteries for recycling – encourage students, school faculty or staff to bring used batteries in from home to recycle!
- April 1: Place all collection boxes in the School’s Administration Office for pick up by UPS.
- May 2016: Call2Recycle will announce the winning classes and give out prize!
How is the winner chosen?
Call2Recycle will weigh the boxes and the class that collects the most used batteries by weight per student will be rewarded with a special celebration. There will be one winning class per county which will be announced along with the overall winner of the “Battery Recycling Challenge” in May 2016.
Helpful documents and quick links:
Need Additional Collection Boxes? Have questions? Please contact our Customer Service Team (888.224.9764).
Connect with Call2RecycleShare